By kate at 24 August, 2012, 11:17 am
We’re very happy to announce the judging panel for the 2012 Blog North Awards:
- Stuart Maconie, author, journalist and and broadcaster
- Meg Pickard, head of digital engagement at Guardian News and Media
- James Brown, editor of Sabotage Times and previously, loaded and GQ magazines
- Claire Malcolm, chief executive of New Writing North and Durham Book Festival
- Mike Pinnington, co-founder and editor of Liverpool online arts magazine The Double Negative
- Zoe Margolis, author and blogger, Girl With A One Track Mind
We’re frankly delighted that these fine people are all willing to contribute their time to the competition, and think they represent a pretty impressive concentration of smarts about blogging, writing, culture (northern or otherwise) and the digital world. In fact, we couldn’t think of anyone we’d rather have as our first ever judges.
So, know about any blogs they need to be reading? Get your nominations in before entries close on 7 September. The best of the nominated blogs will be put in a shortlist. Winners will be determined by tallying the results of public voting with the judges’ selections, and all will be revealed at our evening event on 17 October at The Deaf Institute in Manchester. We’ll keep our fingers crossed for you.